If you haven’t started getting your core in condition for bikini season, it’s not too late! To help get your core in the best shape in the quickest possible way, I suggest combining strengthening, stretching, and cardio movements along with proper alignment/positioning which is the basis of all our core fusion classes and technique: core fusion, core fusion yoga, core fusion sport, core fusion cardio, and core fusion boot camp. Combination of these style classes are ideal….so I have shared with you a few the best targeted core exercises from these classes. You only have to do them 4x/wk for 5 minutes!
SIDE PLANK PUSHUP: Targets abs, obliques, inner thighs
• Lie on right side on floor with legs stacked and a rolled-up towel between thighs, propping torso up on right elbow so that right forearm pointing in front of you. MAKE IT EASIER: Stagger feet so that side of left foot is on floor in front of right for a wider base of support.
• Lift hips so that body forms a straight line from head to toe, squeezing towel between thighs. Hold for 1 count, then lower.
• Do 10 reps. Switch sides and repeat. Do three sets.
C-CURVE: Targets abs, quads, inner thighs,
• Stand facing a wall with legs together, squeezing rolled-up towel between thighs.
• With knees slightly bent, hinge forward at hips to place palms on wall, arms extended, so that back is nearly parallel to floor.
• Squeeze abs and towel as you rise onto toes, then do 20 pulses: Lower hips one inch then back up. MAKE IT HARDER: Start with knees bent 90 degrees so that hips are closer to knee level, then pulse.
• Do 3 sets.
FLAT BACK: Targets abs
• Sit on floor with lower back against a wall, knees bent slightly and feet planted wider than shoulder-width apart. Place hands on floor in front of you between legs and squeeze abs.
• Press into floor with fingertips and lift right foot up about six inches. Lower and repeat with right foot to complete 1 rep. MAKE IT HARDER: Try lifting both feet at the same time.
• Do 3 sets of 20 reps.
ROUND BACK: Targets abs
• Sit on floor on a folded towel with shoulder blades against a wall and knees bent, feet flat; make sure back is rounded. Place hands on floor near hips, with fingertips pressed into floor.
• Squeeze abs and lift feet off floor, bring knees toward chest, then straighten legs so toes point toward ceiling. Do 10 pulses: bring legs an inch closer to wall, then back an inch. MAKE IT EASIER: Keep left foot on floor and bring extended right leg toward by grasping right calf with hands. Hold for 30 seconds; switch legs and repeat.
• Do 3 sets.